At 1000earring, we take our responsibilities under current data protection regulations seriously. We recognize the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and are committed to properly managing, protecting and processing this data.
This policy applies to all data processed by Tilid Trading (“1000earring”). This policy describes how your personal information is collected, used, and shared when you visit or make a purchase from 1000earring.com (the “Site”).
What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect, and process may include but is not limited to the following:
- Your full name and title;
- Contact information such as your residential or mailing address, telephone or mobile number and email address;
- Financial billing information that we require to process payment for our products;
- Information about your purchases through our online store including products and prices;
- Your web browser and browsing behavior;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and offers.
Any personal information that you choose to submit or post on our social media pages or other public forums may be read, collect, or used by others who visit these forums. 1000earring accepts no responsibility for the personal data that you choose to submit in these forums.
Why do we collect it?
We collect your data for several purposes, including but not limited to:
- To improve our understanding of your preferences to offer you better online shopping experience.
- To manage your queries and complaints for products and technical support matters through email, our chat function, telephone and through social media.
- To comply with legal obligations, court findings and decisions from authorities.
- For the purposes of loss prevention management, by ensuring that terms and conditions are being followed and to detect and prevent misuse of our services.
Like many other websites, our website may use ‘cookies’ from time to time.
You can choose to disable cookies on your computer by changing the preferences or options menus in your browser. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our websites.
Who can access your data?
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use EasyStore to power our online store. You can read more about how EasyStore uses your Personal Information here. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. Finally, any disclosure of your personal data must be for the primary purpose of providing products or services to you in accordance with the policy, or for another specified lawful purpose.
Protecting your information
Any personal data collected by 1000earring will be processed fairly, lawfully, and in a transparent manner. “Processing” includes, but is not limited to, collection, storage, transfer, dissemination or erasure of personal information.
To the extent that the Internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee that any of your personal information stored or sent to us will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using internet to access our web sites, apps or social media.
How we secure your data
We have an obligation to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorized processing, accidental disclosure, access, loss, destruction or alteration. Accordingly, we have a range of technical security measures and procedures in place to ensure that your personal information is protected appropriately. These include but are not limited to:
- Encrypting sensitive data while at rest and in transmission;
- Providing information security training to internal employees.
Your personal information will be kept in an anonymous form for a period no longer than is reasonably required for 1000earring to achieve the purpose of the data.
Data collected which is defined under the “what information do we collect” section will be stored:
- For five years since our last contact
- For the duration of your commercial relationship with 1000earring and 10 years thereafter, if You are a client i.e. you have made a purchase of our products or services.
Your personal data are then anonymized or deleted.
What are your rights?
Right to access
You have the right to request information on the personal data that 1000earring holds about you. You are entitled to know what personal information we are processing, why we have processed it, and whether we have shared your personal information. You may exercise your right to request access and to obtain copies of any personal data we have collected from you.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details in the contact section of this policy and we will provide you with your personal data via email.
Right to erasure
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by 1000earring at any time except for in the following situations:
- You have an ongoing matter with our customer service team;
- You have an open order which has not yet been shipped;
- You are suspected of misusing, or have misused, our services within the last four years;
- You are suspected of a crime, and the personal data that 1000earring holds is to be used as evidence in connection with that crime.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that is done based on 1000earring’s legitimate interests. 1000 Earring will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate ground which overrides your interest and rights, or due to legal claims.
You also have the right to object to direct marketing. You can opt out from 1000earring’s direct marketing by following the instructions contained in each marketing email.
Right to restriction
In limited circumstances, you have the right to request that 1000earring restricts the processing of your personal data. These circumstances include:
- If your personal data is incorrect, in which case 1000earring will restrict the processing of your data pending verification of the accuracy of your data;
- If the processing is unlawful, in which case you can request restriction of your personal data as opposed to deletion;
- If 1000earring no longer requires your personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data, 1000earring will assess the risk to your rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the relevant authorities.